The Research Services Department (formerly the Library) of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Senior Resource Coordinator to join our energetic, creative, and global service team. This position is hybrid in the New York office.
The Senior Resource Coordinator works as part of a firm-wide team to support designated components of the resource management systems for one or more offices, including acquisitions, invoice processing, and serials control. The Senior Resource Coordinator supports collection services by performing some or all of the following tasks for the New York and Newark offices and also provides basic support for research services.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting collection services by performing some or all of the following tasks for one or more of the firm’s offices:
- Establishing and maintaining effective vendor relationships and work with vendors to rectify billing issues;
- Researching and purchasing approved print resources, checking in, processing and distributing;
- Processing invoices, recording data in acquisitions databases, and allocating client-matter charges;
- Conducting desk book audits, recording data in desk book management program;
- Sorting and processing mail; establishing and maintaining serials and routing records and distribution lists; and checking in and routing materials;
- Creating and maintaining holdings, item and patron records and processing new materials in the firm’s integrated library system;
- Maintaining the print collection, including shelving, withdrawing titles, filing and/or overseeing the filing contractor, shifting and shelf reading, as needed.
- Participating in collection review projects as assigned.
- Assisting with off boarding of new attorneys and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree; major in business administration, accounting or related subject preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience providing collection management or technical services in a library, preferably law or business.
- Experience with library operations, including law or business libraries.
- Knowledge of legal and business literature, including print and electronic resources.
- Experience with integrated library systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Very good organizational skills; including the ability to coordinate large amounts of data.
- Good analytical skills and an aptitude working with numbers.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $54,000 to $70,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Apply Here for New York