LocationChicago, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Texas, United States
Dist. Columbia, United States
Essential Job Functions
The Research Specialist is responsible for providing non-legal research services to attorneys and staff both on-site and remotely on a time-critical basis.
Essential Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- As part of the Research Services team, performs non-legal research on a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to, corporate and financial transactions, intellectual property ownership, expert witnesses, litigation, etc.
- Uses critical thinking to analyze each request and identify the best research resources for an efficient and cost-effective resolution.
- Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in research, including selecting resources, search strategy and syntax, and licensing restrictions. Presents research results in a clear and logical manner, including summarization / analysis of the results and suggestions for further research.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Provides reference desk coverage including the intake and assignment of new research requests, managing research workload to ensure all deadlines are met, and reviewing work product for quality control.
- Other administrative projects, as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, proactive person with a Master’s degree in library science or business.
- Candidate should have 5+ years of working research experience in a large law firm or corporate library and be knowledgeable about business, corporate transactional, intellectual property and legal research resources.
- Strong customer service orientation, ability to work independently as well as part of a firm-wide research team and capable of handling multiple tasks and setting priorities is essential.
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
How to Apply
For applicants who are based in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: http://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/pages/JOBID7091
For applicants who are based in Bay Area, visit the following link for pay range information: http://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/pages/BAJOBID7091