Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Research Librarian to join our dynamic team in Washington, D.C. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About the role
As a Research Librarian, you will be responsible for providing research services involving legal, business, and general information sources to attorneys, paralegals and staff using a variety of research tools. You will also be responsible for providing training and awareness of research resources. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting domestic and international legal and non-legal research utilizing appropriate research tools and directs users to appropriate resources; analyzing results for relevancy and appropriateness to the specific research request.
- Compiling and organizing information obtained in research projects into a coherent, focused collection of information, accompanied by explanatory notes or memoranda if relevant, so that the material is readily understandable to the user; working with end-users to organize information according to their preference.
- Monitoring legal, business and news sources for current developments in practice areas for clients and industries.
- Promoting awareness and conducting end-user about internal and external research resources. Works with Litigation Services, Knowledge Management and Strategic Research.
- Assisting with library operational functions
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Intellectually curious and have a passion for research and problem-solving
- Proficient in litigation and transactional research
- Collaborative and enjoy working as part of a team
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- A Master’s in Information or Library Science, or other advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of research experience in a law firm or other professional service entity
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 11 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are.
Latham & Watkins LLP is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, the Firm requires all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at the time that a conditional offer of employment is made. This policy is mandatory except for employees with a documented legally permissible exemption for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please click here to review your rights under U.S. employment laws.