Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here. We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our busy and collaborative team.
This hybrid role will be based in one of our US offices (locations detailed).
Knowledge plays a vital role at Hogan Lovells. The strategic purpose of the Knowledge team is to ensure that all those involved in delivering legal advice to clients have access to the knowledge and information required to deliver a technically excellent, efficient service; to devise new and innovative ways of sharing that knowledge with clients as part of client relationship management; to input knowledge into the firm’s continuous process improvement initiatives around legal service delivery; and to ensure that the firm is harnessing new technology to support those objectives.
The Research Services team forms part of the Knowledge function. The team supports the firm’s excellence in service delivery and quality, and continues to support the efficiency and effectiveness of our lawyers. The team are always abreast of the latest legal and business news and their experience enables them to add valuable commercial context to research requests.
The Research Analyst reports to the Research Services U.S. Team Lead, based in Washington, D.C.
- Provide high quality substantive research and reference assistance to attorneys using a range of legal, business and news online and print resources
- Act as a practice research liaison for one or more practice groups. Work closely with Knowledge Lawyers where applicable to provide orientations and training, promote and raise awareness of research tools and services
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the available resources online and in print. Stay aware of new products in the research space, working to advance the firm's innovation in the use of AI legal research tools
- Deliver research skills, orientation and database training as required to lawyers and business services teams
- Maintain research guides across subject areas to support attorneys and publicize research tools
- Share knowledge and learning with colleagues in the U.S. and global team and within internal knowledge solutions such as team wikis and knowledge databases
- Participate and promote current awareness provision for attorneys and business services as required; utilize team resources to identify and deliver alerting solutions
- Submit daily timekeeping reports with reference to client, business development, and other administrative matters
- Meet or exceed billable hour requirements as established annually
- Participate in the identification and review, trial/pilot, training and marketing of research products to lawyers
- Develop and maintain relationships with lawyers and business services members at all levels of the business to promote the Research Services team
- All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Must be flexible to work additional hours.
Hogan Lovells is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected Veteran status.
HLUS requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from HLUS, as a condition of employment. HLUS will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from HLUS.
- An understanding of the legal market and business landscape, in particular a familiarity with emerging technologies and an appreciation for the changing role of research and legal information in the digital age
- Strong customer service focus and high client care standards
- Excellent team player – collaborative and accountable
- Strong intellectual capacity with the ability to apply new ideas
- Organized with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing demands
- Resilient, adaptable, innovative, and forward thinking
- Agile and able to move quickly with the changing needs of the firm
- Professional, positive, self-motivated, disciplined and pro-active
- Able to work independently following appropriate instruction and to take responsibility for the work product delivered
- Confident to interact professionally with a broad range of people, including attorneys and members of Business Services employees of varying levels
- Confident about building relationships and functioning within a dispersed and truly global team
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Previous law firm library experience in a research capacity preferred
- Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited school preferred
- Knowledge and search experience on a range of legal and business research databases and resources, their functionality, and content (Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, VitalLaw, Mergermarket, Intelligize, Debtwire & more).