Williams & Connolly LLP is currently seeking a Research Librarian. Under the direction of the Director of Library Services and Head of Research, the Research Librarian position has primary responsibilities for, but are not limited to:
- Perform cost efficient research over a wide range of topics including: legal, legislative, business, intellectual property, public records, news, medical, and social media;
- Work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize requests as needed;
- Assist with the training of attorneys and staff on effective use of research databases;
- Knowledge and proficiency of legal sources including research databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, BLAW, Accurint, PACER and the Internet;
- Knowledge and proficiency with Library related systems; and
- Knowledge and proficiency with federal and state legislative history and research.
Successful candidate must be highly service-oriented with the ability to interact regularly with attorneys and staff. They should possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to multi-task. Ability to adapt and to learn new databases, sources, and skills are a must. The ideal candidate is required to have a minimum of:
- Minimum 2 years library experience in a legal setting or professional services firm;
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and EXCEL;
- Proficiency with library software;
- Ability to lift & carry 15 lbs.
After successfully completing the introductory period, the candidate will be eligible to work the department’s approved hybrid schedule.