Steptoe & Johnson LLP, a Washington, DC-based Am Law 100 law firm, is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Research & Information Services Department. The position is based in the Washington, DC office.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for incoming reference and research requests and will participate in the general professional research services program of the Department.
· Perform legal and legislative research in support of the firm’s diverse practices, ensuring that questions and projects are understood, that best sources are consulted, and that research is conducted cost efficiently and effectively.
· Perform non-legal, factual background research – on corporations, industries, individuals, events, etc. – cost efficiently in support of cases and firm matters.
· Analyze research results and exercise professional judgment about relevance of research materials and their inclusion in the results delivered to requesting attorneys.
· Communicate results in a targeted, concise response (oral or written), appropriate to each particular request.
· Participate in additional departmental initiatives including monitoring and current awareness service, training of attorneys and staff, collection and database evaluation, and other special projects as needed.
· Provide deliverables to clients, directly, on request, including newsletters and regular updates.
· Operate successfully as a member of the RIS team, working on projects both independently and jointly, as appropriate; delegating secondary tasks to paraprofessionals; offering assistance and guidance where necessary; and following departmental protocols and policies.
· Participate in the shared rotation of reference duties.
· Master's degree in Library Science or equivalent work experience.
· JD preferred.
· Knowledge of standard legal research and specialized sources.
· Strong writing skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Self-management skills.
· Intellectual curiosity
· Non-smoking environment.
· Able to work in a hybrid work environment. Two days a week in the office from 9:00 – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
· Must be available to work beyond regular hours, including some weekends and evenings
· Must be accessible remotely.
· Must be able to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations
· Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds
· Must be able to comply with all safety requirements in our workplace, which may include provision of proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and adherence to other safety protocols implemented
Please apply here: https://steptoeapply.viglobalcloud.com/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=6&FilterJobCategoryID=17&FilterJobID=422
Steptoe & Johnson LLP is an equal opportunity employer EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any basis proscribed by applicable statutes.
GPLLA is a chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries
Problems or Suggestions? Contact the Webmaster.
GPLLA logo was designed by Darren Hoffman.
Copyright © 2020 Greater Philadelphia Law Library Association. All rights reserved.