Porzio, Bromberg & Newman seeks a Law Librarian to manage the firm’s information research services and library operations in all offices and for all subsidiary businesses. The position is based in the firm’s office in Morristown, New Jersey. The Law Librarian’s responsibilities include:
- Conducting high-level and customized legal, business, and technical research projects for clients, attorneys, administrative departments, and subsidiary businesses.
- Participation in special projects to support the firm’s business development initiatives.
- Overseeing development and maintenance of the firm’s electronic and print research tools, including negotiation with vendors, collaborating with practice teams to identify tools and services to add or decommission, and ensuring compliance with vendor contractual obligations.
- Preparation and administration of the annual research services and library budget for all offices and subsidiaries, including review of invoices, electronic service usage, and other expense categories.
- Developing orientation programs, training sessions, and ongoing continuing education opportunities to ensure effective client-focused utilization of the firm’s research tools and services.
- Implementing current awareness advisory services to provide firm personnel with timely access to relevant content, including news, docket tracking, and alerting tools.
- Providing technical and other user support, as needed, to supplement vendor support for the firm’s electronic research services.
- Developing and implementing tactics to execute upon the short- and long-term goals of the firm’s research and library services strategy.
- Remaining current with trends in information research, library services, and emerging technology by participating in professional organizations and developing relationships with peers at law firms, corporations, and related industry sectors.
Porzio offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment, and opportunities for professional development. Porzio is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit resume with qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master's Degree in Library Science (M.L.S.) or equivalent from library school accredited by the American Library Association.
- History of progressively-responsible library experience within a law firm, corporate legal department, or similar environment.
- In-depth knowledge of online resources and expertise in conducting detailed legal, business, and technical research, and with packaging the results to meet external and internal client requirements.
- Experience developing budgets and working within recognized budgetary parameters.
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior client service with time-sensitive projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high-level oral and written communications skills; ability to work independently, and capacity to handle a diverse and demanding workload.
- Knowledge of technology tools used to manage and analyze information research services, as well as software typically used within a law firm and business environment.
- Job ID: 65916233
- Workplace Type: Hybrid
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
- Position Title: Law Librarian
- Company Name For Job: Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C.
- Discipline: Legal Support
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master's Degree
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%