Senior Research Analyst
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. That’s why O’Melveny is counsel of choice to an ever-expanding list of market leaders. Opportunity at O’Melveny means working alongside diverse, dynamic, and team-oriented colleagues on evolving issues and opportunities for prominent clients around the world. It’s a place to build a rewarding career by tackling new challenges; being appreciated, included, and supported; and creating lasting connections.
With approximately 850 lawyers on three continents, more than 40 practice and industry service areas, and strong cultural ties to all our locations, O’Melveny is a global law firm with a local feel. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility. We’re proud to have been named “Best Law Firm to Work For” by Vault for two years running.
So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com/dna or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, year-end highlights, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
O’Melveny is actively seeking a Sr. Research Analyst. This role can be based in any US office.
The primary function of this position is to provide research support for attorneys, paralegals and members of support departments, both in support of our clients and firm administrative functions. This includes locating information and documents from publicly available sources, internal information sources and subscription services at the request of attorneys or staff. Under the direction of the Research Manager, this position will be responsible for handling requests from the local office as well as requests that are submitted to the virtual research system from other offices. The position will handle standard research requests, including ready reference requests, monitoring and providing information alerts to attorneys and staff, corporate research, expert witness research, docket and case research and analytics research. In addition, this position will be responsible for handling local technical services functions, such as processing invoices, receiving new items and library maintenance for all offices.
Under the guidance of the Research Manager, the following functions will be performed:
- Using various electronic or print resources, respond to research requests from attorneys and staff submitted to the virtual research system.
- Monitor various legal, industry, client or subject topics to provide attorneys and staff with current developments, and activities..
- Assist Electronic Services staff with password and access management for electronic resources.
- Work with the Electronic Services staff and other librarians to test and evaluate new electronic products.
- Work with attorneys and staff to train them on electronic resources and to support them in the use of electronic resources.
- Work with the Electronic Services staff and other librarians in developing training or marketing material for Library resources.
- Handle local technical services functions, including receiving new items, processing invoices and maintaining the Library.
- Provide orientation and other training programs for Texas office attorneys and staff.
- Masters Degree in Library Science and/or JD degree is required.
- Four years research experience in a legal or corporate environment is preferred.
- Experience with standard legal resources, such as Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, WK’s VitalLaw, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data, Intelligize and other related subscription services.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, software applications and integrated library systems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Keen interest in technology and innovation.
- Strong organization skills, adept at multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Service-oriented, team player, with initiative and problem-solving abilities.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No phone inquiries please.