You’re looking for a change, and so are we. At Venable, we know that every new hire brings valuable experience, new perspectives, and a chance to raise the bar on our approach to Research and Knowledge Services. That’s why we’re looking for a Sr. Research Analyst for Training & Outreach to lead library outreach, training initiatives as well as research team assignments. Research Team activities include conducting high-level substantive research in a wide variety of practice areas utilizing a diverse range of resources to support client work, business development, and firm management and functional areas.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Leading the department's training and outreach initiatives to develop annual research training goals and assure that lawyers develop awareness and proficiency in using appropriate resources to support their client work.
- Collaborating with Reference and Knowledge Services team members, the Professional Development team, Practice Group Leaders, Partners, and other firm leaders to assess and understand attorney and professional staff research and information needs.
- Designing, developing, and implementing training programs and developing appropriate learning materials.
- Providing training to attorneys and professional staff in a variety of platforms, including remote virtual learning, video learning, concierge (one-on-one), and in-person group presentations
- Providing high-level legal, regulatory, legislative, tax, corporate, and general domestic and international research and reference services to attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and administrative staff
- Researching and writing summaries of research results across a wide spectrum of business, legal, legislative, analytics and docket resources in over 200 rapidly-changing databases including Lexis, Westlaw, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah, LexMachina, Bloomberg/B-Law, Pacer, CNS, CourtLink, Capital IQ, OCLC, Intelligize, TLO, Checkpoint, and others.
- Providing analysis and synthesis of research results and presenting findings in a manner promoting effective decision making.
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years office or law firm experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication skills: ability to interact in both written and oral form with all levels of the organization
- Experience with logic-based searching preferred
Investing your time and talents is no small matter—we know that superior service to our clients starts with an investment in you. Our competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and programs that support our employees’ wellbeing, families, and futures reflect our pride in our people. From our Sr. Research Analyst for Training & Outreach to our senior partners, Venable makes sure that we are the right fit for one another, in order to cultivate the most successful of relationships.
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.
We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.