The Head of Instructional Services administers the Maloney Library’s innovative and robust legal research instruction program in collaboration with the Head of Reference. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to implementing science based pedagogy and innovation in legal research instruction.
- Administers the law library’s instructional programs.
- Guides the development of a robust legal research curriculum in the first-year, advanced, Law Practice Technology, and LL.M. legal research instructional programs.
- Teaches in the law library’s instructional programs as an Adjunct Professor of Law.
- Markets and promotes instructional programs.
- Schedules all for-credit legal research courses along with any required vendor trainings.
- Coordinates ad hoc bibliographic instruction in clinics, doctrinal courses, and externship courses.
- Develops and maintains ongoing training for new and experienced legal research faculty with an emphasis on exploring innovative pedagogical techniques.
- Provides reference assistance to law students, faculty, and administrators at the reference desk via in-person consultation, chat, email, and phone.
- Serves as library liaison to faculty members and administrators.
- Participates in collection development activities as a member of the Acquisitions Committee.
- Reports to the Head of Reference who may assign other duties as required.
- M.L.S. or equivalent from an A.L.A. accredited library school is required.
- J.D. from an A.B.A. accredited law school or equivalent non-U.S. law degree is required.
- 2-5 years experience teaching legal research in a law school curriculum is required.
- Demonstrated experience implementing pedagogical practices and instructional design theory is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience successfully marketing library programs is preferred.
- A strong service orientation with excellent oral, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holiday hours.
- Job ID: 64879526
- Workplace Type: On-Site
New York, New York, United States
- Position Title: Head of Instructional Services
- Company Name For Job: Fordham Law School, Maloney Library
- Discipline: Legal Education
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master's Degree
- Min Experience: 2-3 Years
- Required Travel: None