Venable LLP has an opening for a Senior Business and Legal Research Analyst to provide expert in-depth research on a wide variety of business, legal, regulatory, tax, corporate and general matters, using electronic and print resources.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Providing high-level legal, regulatory, legislative, tax, corporate, and general domestic and international research and reference services to attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and administrative staff. Effectively researching and writing summaries of research results.
- Maintaining research proficiency across a wide spectrum of business, legal, legislative, analytics and docket resources in over 200 rapidly-changing databases including Lexis, Westlaw, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah, LexMachina, Bloomberg/B-Law, Pacer, CNS, CourtLink, Capital IQ, OCLC, Intelligize, TLO, Checkpoint, and others.
- Developing curriculum and teaching classes on business and legal research strategies and resources effective for legal and administrative staff.
- Evaluating diverse information sources for currency, reliability, relevance and cost-effectiveness, and selects the optimal resources for particular research requests.
- Setting up legal, regulatory, docket, news, business alerts across dozens of platforms to meet the attorneys' and clients' information needs.
- Providing 'just in time" guidance to attorneys and legal assistants seeking to select resources and develop effective strategies.
- Participate in trials, demos, purchasing decisions, and testing new applications and upgrades to existing products.
- Contribute to the development of department's communication materials including cost-effective use guides, bibliographies, pathfinders and research tip sheets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- Master's degree in Library Science/Information Science; J.D. a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a law firm, corporation, or investment banking library performing high stakes, complex research in a deadline driven environment.
- Expert-level business, legal, legislative, regulatory, corporate, tax and general research and reference skills.
- Extensive database knowledge and skills (Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg/B-Law, Pacer, Cheetah, OCLC, Intelligize, Accurint, CourtLink, Lex Machina, Gavelytics Capital IQ, Checkpoint, etc.).
- Proven ability to teach individuals and small groups in formal and informal settings.
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.
We comply with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.
We comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Conviction of a crime will not necessarily be a bar to employment at the Firm. Factors such as age at the time of the offense, type of the offense, seriousness of the offense, remoteness of the offense in time, position applied for, rehabilitation, overall record, and other relevant factors will be taken into account in determining effect on suitability for employment.
- Job ID: 65536948
- Workplace Type: Hybrid
Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
New York, New York, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Tysons, Virginia, United States
- Position Title: Senior Business & Legal Research Analyst
- Company Name For Job: Venable LLP
- Discipline: Legal Education
- Job Type: Full-Time