GPLLA is the Greater Philadelphia Law Library Association. It is a non-profit organization of over 250 members interested in and affiliated with law libraries. It was established in 1970 to promote law librarianship, to develop and increase the usefulness of law libraries, to cultivate the science of law librarianship and to foster a spirit of cooperation among the members of the profession.
As a very active and creative organization, GPLLA has initiated many projects helpful both to its members and to the legal community. Members have been involved in teaching legal research at area universities and law firms. They make every available program and publication to the membership to foster continuing education in the new technologies affecting all libraries as well as management and administrative techniques to make law libraries function efficiently.
One of the goals of the Association is to make basic legal information series readily accessible to the general public. The Association offers courses in Introductory Legal Research twice a year to those who have little or no training in legal research. The Association’s presence on HSLC provides the opportunity to alert the community at large to the variety of legal resources available in the Delaware Valley and the Internet.
There are no jobs to display at this time.
- Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Attorney Training & Development Manager, US | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager (California Region) | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Business & Legal Research Analyst | DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Associate | Keating Muething & Klekamp