Please join us for the GPLLA Spring Program:
Building a Better Researcher: Educating New Associates Before and After Graduation
Jenkins Law Library
April 4, 2016: 5:30-7:00 PM
When meeting at conferences and other events, academic and law firm librarians often find themselves falling into the age-old discussion of how best to prepare law students / new associates to conduct smart, thorough, and efficient research in practice situations. Our end-game is the same but whereas academic librarians are often responsible for teaching research principles and strategies, law firm librarians are generally the ones who must deal with the end result, giving advanced training and instilling the costs of poor or unplanned searches.
This session will be a panel-led discussion among librarians from both sides, covering the processes, challenges, and frustrations that we all face when making law students into legal researchers. Ideally, a complete understanding of how “the other half lives” will lead to more effective solutions and communications between firms and law schools.
Our panelists include:
Carla Wale, Head of Public Services, Temple Law Library
Jill Poretta, Director, Research and Business Intelligence, Cozen O’Connor
Yasmeen Bakht, Manager of Training and Outreach Services, Dechert LLP
If you wish to attend this event, please RSVP to: Benjamin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a comment
There are no jobs to display at this time.
- Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Attorney Training & Development Manager, US | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager (California Region) | Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Business & Legal Research Analyst | DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Associate | Keating Muething & Klekamp