Please join your colleagues for a day of professional development on Friday, June 3 at Villanova University’s School of Law. This year’s topic is Social Media (a.k.a. Web 2.0) in the Law Library and our keynote speaker is Meg Kribble, Research Librarian and Outreach Coordinator at the Harvard Law School Library.
Date: Friday, June 3, 2011
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Villanova University School of Law
Room 201 – Ceremonial Courtroom
299 North Spring Mill Road, Villanova, PA 19085
Parking: The parking garage is accessible from either Spring Mill Rd. or County Line Road. It is simply designated Law School Garage. Parking permission will be arranged for conference attendees.
Regional Rail: Paoli/Thorndale Line, Villanova station.
9:00-10:00 Registration and Breakfast
10:00-11:00 Morning Session with Meg Kribble
11:15-12:15 Conclusion of Morning Session with Meg Kribble
1:45-2:15 Presentation by AALL Board Member
2:15-3:00 GPLLA Annual Board Meeting, 2011-2012 Board Elections, Honors and Awards
Blogging. RSS. Facebook. Twitter. FourSquare. What do they have to do with law libraries? Meg Kribble will speak about these social media (aka web 2.0) tools and how law libraries are using them. What’s useful? What’s not? How do you find out, get your feet wet, and get your library out there? And how can social media benefit you? Everybody’s library and experiences are different, but Meg will provide tricks and tips for both getting started and moving forward with social media.
About Meg Kribble
Meg Kribble is a research librarian and outreach coordinator at the Harvard Law School Library. In addition to the usual reference librarian duties, she coordinates the library’s outreach efforts in both old and new media. An active member of the American Association of Law Libraries, she serves currently on the Computing Services Special Interest Section board as incoming chair and on the Copyright Committee. For CS-SIS, she has twice co-coordinated the Web 2.0 Challenge, a five-week online learning program for law librarians.
Questions: Please contact:
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
1701 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Leave a comment
There are no jobs to display at this time.
- Reference and Instruction Librarian | University of Idaho Law Library
- Philadelphia, PA - Business Research Manager | Fox Rothschild LLP
- Philadelphia, PA - Legal Research Manager | Fox Rothschild LLP
- Law Librarian | K&L Gates
- Manager of Global Digital Collection Development | LLMC-Digital (Law Library Microform Consortium)
- March 2015 AALL E-newsletter
- Law Librarian of Congress Position on USAJOBS.gov
- AALL E-briefing: Following a review of the Association's programs, the Executive Board takes a number of actions
- March 2015 AALL Spectrum
- News Release: American Association of Law Libraries Urges FCC to Approve Strong Network Neutrality Rules