The GPLLA board is once again pleased to announce the details for its basic legal research class this Spring, starting on February 25, 2009 and continuing for six additional weeks until April 8, 2009. The class will meet at Jenkins Law Library, every Wednesday evening, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. during this period. The schedule and topics covered for the course is as follows:
Date & Topic:
2/25/09, Wednesday: Introduction to Legal Research, Case Law Research & Reporters
3/4/09, Wednesday: Statutory Research
3/11/09, Wednesday, Pennsylvania Research
3/18/09, Wednesday: Electronic Research Westlaw
3/25/09, Wednesday: Electronic Research LexisNexis
4/1/09, Wednesday, Secondary Sources plus Electronic Research Internet
4/8/09, Wednesday: Administrative/Regulatory Research
Courses will be taught by fellow GPLLA members from firm and academic libraries. Vendor representatives will aslo teach their respective sessions. For 2009, the instructors include: Edwin Greenlee (Univ. of Pennsylvania); Robert Ey (WolfBlock, LLP); Monica Almendarez (WolfBlock, LLP); Nikki Shenk (Westlaw); Dianne Chambers (LexisNexis); Eric T. Gilson (Rutgers-Camden); A. Hayes Buter (Rutgers-Camden); John Joergensen (Rutgers-Camden); and Michael Barton (Univ. of Pennsylvania).
Given the breadth of the program, the expertise of the instructors, the included materials, and the outstanding facilities available at Jenkins, we believe this course to be a great value to the broader legal community.
The cost for the course is $225.00 and includes the text, Legal Research in a Nutshell. Enrollment is limited to 20 persons. Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Westlaw and Lexis, we are able to continue to offer the course at the 2007-2008 price.
If you are interested in enrolling in the course, know of someone who might be interested, or just want to find out more information, please do not hesitate to contact Kristen Rook at the address below. Copies of the course syllabus and instructor biographies are available upon request and will also be posted on the GPLLA website.
Applicants interested in holding a place in the course should send a check in the amount of $225.00, made payable to "GPLLA", to the address below.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, February 25, 2009!
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP
2005 Market Street, Ste. 2600
Philadelphia, PA 19103
And a special thank you to Kristen Rook for organizing this course. Excellent job Kristen, as always.
Leave a comment
- No events.
- Philadelphia, PA - Business Research Manager | Fox Rothschild LLP
- Associate Director & Head of Public Services/ Asst or Assoc Professor, Law Library | Barry University School of Law
- Reference Law Librarian | University of Maine School of Law, Garbrecht Law Library
- Systems and Technical Services Analyst | Dechert LLP
- Business Development Research Coordinator | Locke Lord LLP
- AALL Partners with Wolters Kluwer Law & Business to Offer Complimentary Educational Webinars to Members
- News Release: AALL Announces NPR's Terry Gross as 2015 Annual Meeting Keynote Speaker
- News Release: AALL Releases Economic Value of Law Libraries Study
- January 2015 AALL E-newsletter
- 2015 Day in the Life Contest