Westlaw Business and GPLLA are proud to present The Westlaw Business Story on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 in the Director’s Room at the Westin Hotel (99 S. 17th Street, Phila.), from noon to 1:30 PM. This event is free to GPLLA members. Lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP by Oct. 27, 2008 to Scott DeMaris (Program Chair/Vice President-GPLLA).
Please see the vision that drove the creation of Westlaw Business and an explanation of our Practice Center approach for Securities, M&A, Private Equity and Restructuring.
The featured speaker is Jen Duran. Jen is a part of the Westlaw Business Product Management team at GSI, a Thomson-Reuters business. Jen joined the company in 2006 and has played a lead role in the design and development of Westlaw Business since its beginning. Currently Jen spends much of her time shaping the future of Westlaw Business by championing our customers throughout the product development and implementation cycles.
Jen has almost two decades of experience designing information solutions for professionals in a variety of industries including legal, banking, retail and manufacturing. Jen began her information career abstracting SEC filings for Disclosure/Primark, where over ten years she grew into roles in content operations, client training and product management. Jen also spent five years at General Electric designing and implementing supply chain workflow systems, during which time she also earned her Six Sigma Black Belt.
The Westlaw Business Story:
Jen will share insights into the vision that drove the creation of Westlaw Business and will offer an explanation of our Practice Center approach for Securities, M&A, Private Equity and Restructuring. Jen will also review key Westlaw Business features including the Navigator, Precedents Searching and Federated Results. Finally she will also provide a glimpse into the future of Westlaw Business as we continue to fulfill the vision of creating the premier destination for Business Law Professionals.
The Philadelphia Chapter of SLA cordially invites you to this wine & cheese reception, especially since it is so close to our region this time.
They will honor GPLLA, MLA, and SCIP memberships also.
SLA Philadelphia Annual Wine & Cheese Event
Date: September 24, 2008
Location: Brantwyn, DE (part of the Dupont Country Club), 600 Rockland
Road, Wilmington, DE 19803, http://www.dupontcountryclub.com/
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Sponsor: Dow Jones, http://www.dowjones.com/
Cost: $20 members; $25 non-members; $15 students/between jobs
Registration Info: Please contact Luray Minkiewicz,
email@example.com . You can mail checks to Luray
Minkiewicz, 420 Leslie Lane, West Chester, PA 19382. Please let Luray
know if you plan to pay at the event.
Registration deadline: Thursday, September 18, 2008
Those not canceling on or before the deadline will be expected to pay the
- No events.
- Creating Eye-Catching and Media-Rich Annual Reports
- Technology Skills for the 21st-Century Law Librarian: What's in Your CV?
- 106th AALL Annual Meeting
- "Best Practices in Media Advocacy: Using Letters to the Editor and Op-Eds to Make the Case for Law Libraries"
- 44th Annual British and Irish Association of Law Libraries (BIALL) Conference and Exhibition
- DEPYTY DIRECTOR - LAW LIBRARY | UC Hastings College of the Law
- Digital Communications & Learning Initiatives Librarian | University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Instructional and Student Services Librarian | The John Marshall Law School
- Law Librarian | Wyoming State Law Library
- Assistant Librarian | Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.